Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prepare AirPort Express for disposal

I had to replace an old AirPort Express that gave up the ghost. Is there anything I should do to it before tossing it? Is there any kind of security risk involved in just throwing it out or recycling it (if that's even possible)? I created a new network name and password when I set up the new AP Express.

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:37 PM

If the old Express is still operable, power it up for a few minutes, then hold in the reset button on the device for 7-8 seconds and release. Allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status.

This reset will erase the stored network settings on the Express and return them to factory default settings.

It is up to you to decide how you want to dispose of the AirPort Express.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 12:37 PM in response to bpgf

If the old Express is still operable, power it up for a few minutes, then hold in the reset button on the device for 7-8 seconds and release. Allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status.

This reset will erase the stored network settings on the Express and return them to factory default settings.

It is up to you to decide how you want to dispose of the AirPort Express.

How to prepare AirPort Express for disposal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.