Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

panasonicHDC-HS900 importing into final cut pro

I am trying to import footage from a panasonic HDC-HS 900 in to Final Cut Pro. I can play the footage on the camera hard drive but the software does not list it when I try to import. It's 1080 footage. I'm on a Mac Book Pro (2011) running 10. 10. 5 and I just updated FCP X. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:02 AM

7 replies

Sep 4, 2015 8:14 PM in response to nicolafromboulder city

Oh, you have two different formats on the same drive. Don't do this. That's a problem. If you want to shoot different formats use card and change cards when you want to change formats. The camera metadata doesn't have sufficient resources to distinguish media. Because it doesn't pass it on to the software, there's no way to see it.

First make a backup of the camera drive. The import the clips you what that appear here and are AVCHD. Then in the camera delete the AVCHD clips. Then see if the remaining media appears in FCP. If you you'll have to manually convert it to access it.

It would be good to know the details of the 1080 media. Do you have that?

panasonicHDC-HS900 importing into final cut pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.