Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Bootcamp 6 been released yet ?

I have read Bootcamp 6 has been released which will enable Windows 10 upgrade. I cannot find this ANY IDEAS ?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:27 PM

BC6 drivers have been released. BC6 Assistant will come with El Capitan.

25 replies

Sep 4, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Brodie153

BC6 does not enable W10 upgrade. You can download the W10 installer when booted in W8.1 based on your W10 reservation. Run the W10 installer in-place when in W8.1. Once the upgrade is complete, you can run Windows Update and Apple Software Update. Apple Software Update will provide BC6 package for the upgraded W10. Please ensure you activate W10 which registers your hardware signature and your W10 Product Key with Microsoft.

Once registered, you can wipe and re-install W10 as many times as you want on the same hardware.

Please see Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support for reference.

Sep 4, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Loner T

Hi again

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I have already tried to upgrade W8.1 to W10 via the reserved upgrade. It seems to be installing but when it gets to the point of restarting after running through all the install procedures it reboots back into W8.1 with an error saying 'fault during rollback procedure'. I have tried about 6 or 7 times with no luck. Any other suggestions ? This is why I thought Bootcamp 6 may have helped. I have tried explaining to both Apple & Microsoft support but nether seem to have any useful ideas.

Sep 5, 2015 2:55 AM in response to Loner T

Hi again

I ran this as you suggested and found no errors. I think it may be time to give up for now and wait for El Capitan and see if I have more luck with that. I am sure it is a boot problem as it always fails when restarting in Windows after the update procedure has done most of it's install, it just always comes up with a ROLLBACK_ERROR message and goes back to W8.1. Thanks for all your help.

Sep 5, 2015 4:38 AM in response to Brodie153

I installed win 8.1 "clean" using bootcamp. Then upgraded to win 10 - free upgrade to "activate" my windows 8.1 "upgrade". That worked without a hitch using the downloaded win 10 install FROM windows 8.1.

I then used OSX bootcamp to create a new win10 bootcamp install, and installed everything from scratch (after removing the whole bootcamp partition).

So quick summary:

Using Osx 10.10.4 - Latest bootcamp

Create bootcamp installation for windows 8.1 using the OSX bootcamp assistant

Install Win8.1

Install Win8.1 drivers from bootcamp media so i get the network card up and running.

Download Win10 installer from Win8.1 - use the Microsoft Win10 install from Win8.1

After Win 10 is installed and "authentic", i boot back to OSX and create Win 10 install using the OSX bootcamp assistant.

Delete the bootcamp partition using the OSX bootcamp assistant, and create a NEW bootcamp with Win 10.

Win 10 is still "activated" - Just skip typing the win key when you install, and it will activate once you are online after installing.

Do have some graphic issues after sleep (see separate thread in this forum), but other than that, it seemed to work nicely.

Maybe doing a clean install of Win 8.1 before doing the upgrade made it work? You could have some Win8.1 drivers/programs causing upgrade issues for you.

C

Sep 5, 2015 8:29 AM in response to Brodie153

Delete the bootcamp partition using the OSX bootcamp assistant, and create a NEW bootcamp with Win 10.

Cybmax is suggesting removing the old upgraded installation and do a clean install, to avoid W7/W8+W10 mixed drivers.

You issue is also related to a 3TB Fusion drive, because of the partitioning used by the Mac, Windows sees a vary strange disk layout. If you can find the log for the update, it would be very helpful.

Is Bootcamp 6 been released yet ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.