Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Harley Davidson, iPhone and Text Messages

Harley Davidson Touring bikes with the Boom 6.5 sound system have the ability to via both USB and Bluetooth connect to smartphones in general and iPhones. including reading your text messages to you. I have no problem with any aspect of the interface accept one.

The bikes system is capable of sending an auto reply such as "I'm on my bike. I'll reply soon." to any text message. I've seen it work with both Android and Windows phones but neither I nor anyone else that I've been able to find can make it work with an iPhone. I've tried with both my 5s and a 6.

Any ideas.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:41 PM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:22 AM in response to Lyssa

You may have misunderstood. The feature that you are referring to is for the phone function. GiG Dyna Driver is referring to the ability to respond to text messages. The HD Boom 6.5 radio, connected to a bluetooth smartphone can send an automated reply to a text, when the bike is in motion. I also would like to use this feature, but it apparently does not work on the iPhone.

Feb 8, 2016 5:05 PM in response to MerleD

Some Android phones offer that ability.

iPhones currently do not. There is some support for "canned" type responses for certain carriers and certain devices, but nothing global as of yet.

The only way to request such a thing be added is by using the form I linked to and potentially speak with your carrier as well.

~Lyssa

Harley Davidson, iPhone and Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.