Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini possessed. Anyone find a solution yet?

My ipad mini is possessed! It started out randomly glitching a few weeks ago. Did a factory restore. Updates to iOS 8.4. Nothing helped.

Now I can't use it at all. Home button no longer works. Can't turn it off. It just keeps typing. I know this has been a problem with other people. It is the first generation. Would replacing the screen or LCD panel help? It is definitely out of warranty. Should I just toss it?

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:54 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Maryshka

Hello Maryshka,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that the screen on your iPad mini is behaving erratically. Since you have already restored to the factory settings, the only other troubleshooting you could do is cleaning the screen and removing any case or screen protector. If it's still happening, then I suggest that you consider getting your iPad serviced.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Take care.

ipad mini possessed. Anyone find a solution yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.