Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini 2 won't chrge

my iPad mini 2 won't charge or turn on anymore. when I try to power it on instead of showing the need to charge thing it just stays black. I got it about 4 to 6 months ago. also before it wouldn't turn on it said charger not compatible or something like that and wouldn't charge even though I am using the same charger as the day I got it.

iPad Mini, null

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:52 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 11:25 AM in response to BradTheSlayer

There's a few things to try, which may/may not help (or may take a combo)

See if you can force your iPad to reboot. Hold down the sleep and home keys for 30 seconds. If you see a silver apple it's rebooted and may come back.

It's possible that your battery is totally dead. if that's the case then you may need to leave it plugged in for an hour or more to see some sign of life.

Is the cable good? Is the plug you're using good? If you have others, give it a try with them. (And if you're trying to revive the long discharged you may need to let it set for a few hours)

Your battery may be shot. If your device is still under warranty and they determine that it's a manufacturer's defect, Apple may replace it for free. If your device isn't still under warranty, then you can still get the battery replaced, you'll just need to pay for it.

As to it saying 'not supported', iOS6 I believe brought with it software that looks for signed chips in the lightning cables. Basically if a company pays for permission to make accessories, they get the codes for a signed chip that's in the cable, and the iOS software looks for those chips. If your cable happened to be a non-authorized cable, then that could account for the 'not compatible' warning.

You can try to troubleshoot yourself, or you can make an appointment at a local Apple store or authorized repair place and have them help you with the troubleshooting.

ipad mini 2 won't chrge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.