Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FBI Virus on my iPhone 6

so I went to clear out all my open browsers and one was showing as an FBI page. It told me I was being accused of illegal activity and that it was running facial recognition and that I have to pay a fine of $500 within the next 48 hours or it would lock down my entire phone. I immediately went to google and searched to see if it was real, and how to get rid of it. Apparently its only happened on MACs and Androids and mostly computers not on an iPhone. Can someone help me get rid of this. I'm not entirely sure if it's going to do what it said but in any case is like to avoid it all together.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:35 AM

It's not a virus. It's a scam. Try clearing the Safari cache, by going into Settings->Safari->Clear History & Website Data. Then close Safari by double clicking the Home button and swiping the screen shot up and off the screen.

3 replies

FBI Virus on my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.