Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please can anyone help me.....I have tried to follow the instructions above but its not working? I simply cannot empty my trash!

Can anyone help me empty my trash...? I am not very tech savvy so have no idea about volumes, or "HCC" or any other terms used when reading other Q&A from chat streams....please I am a complete numpty and just want simple

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), cannot delete locked files???

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:20 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 12:43 PM in response to krystalmum

krystalmum wrote:

Can anyone help me empty my trash...? I am not very tech savvy so have no idea about volumes, or "HCC" or any other terms used when reading other Q&A from chat streams....please I am a complete numpty and just want simple

If you had a crash, the files may still be held by a part of the crashed application that is still running. Easiest way to free the lock is to shut down your computer - that ends all activity in memory (restart does not).

Please can anyone help me.....I have tried to follow the instructions above but its not working? I simply cannot empty my trash!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.