Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and iBooks No Longer Work Since iOS Update

I've already given up and plan to leave the Apple world because of the latest iOS fiasco but I figure it's worth one more try. Been posting my issues in other discussions with no luck.

I can no longer look at iBooks unless I constantly reboot my iPad several times per day. I can no longer listen to songs I purchased years ago on the iPad unless I am connected to the internet which does not help when I am at work. Also, iMessages no longer transmits messages instantly but can take minutes or even days.

When in Settings I can no longer click on iCloud settings or iTunes settings without rebooting. They lock up just like iBooks and iTunes.

After I spoke with an Apple technician online last week he had me do a total wipe and restore from my iTunes backup. This worked for about one day and then all the problems happened again. I'm using an iPad Air with 32 gig.

It seems like the last two iOS updates have just been creating more and more problems till we are now at the point where the whole thing has collapsed into uselessness. I'm very disappointed. Already checking out alternatives like Amazon and going back to a Windows desktop and Surface because I like to keep everything in the same family. I never had problems with Apple until this year and now it has become exceptionally unreliable. I think they are making too many changes too fast.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:41 PM

7 replies

Sep 4, 2015 6:41 PM in response to flashkube2

Well, given the information that you have provided, including the restore from backup, your only alternatives left are to restore the device as new and test it without adding any additional content to see if it works. It seems since you indicate that the device failed again after a short period of time, there is something corrupt in your backup file. Make sure your data is all synced to supported applications on the computer so that you can wipe it as new and then if it works, sync back data individually and not use your backup.

Sep 6, 2015 6:57 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Holy cow, I've solved my own problem. Just go to settings > music > apple music and turn it off. This returns Music to its normal state and I can play my songs again when I am not connected to wifi at work. Now iBooks works perfectly, too. No more freezing. Now the App Store works without freezing. Also, I can now click on settings > iCloud or settings > iTunes without having that freeze like before. I no longer have to reboot many times per day in order to unfreeze those things like I was.

The new Apple Music is the culprit. Turn it off until Apple fixes it. I also turned it off on my Mac under the preferences tab even though the Mac was not giving me any problems just in case.

This is a tremendous relief to me because I really like iBooks and use it all the time.

iTunes and iBooks No Longer Work Since iOS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.