Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISP Good but AirPort Extreme No Internet

Something really weird happen yesterday. I came home to no internet when connected through wireless.

Here are the steps I took

• I first refreshed (unplugged power to both modem and router). Got internet back but it went out after 5 minutes.
  • Called ISP to see if there was an outage and everything was good!!
  • Connected direct (no router) and had internet
  • Reset router, reconfigured under a different name and password. Same result, gone after 5 mins
  • Changed ethernet cable, same result, gone after 5min
  • Went into router settings for ivp6 and set to local link, updated, same result, gone after 5min
  • Went to genius bar, got airport extreme replaced because I had apple care. Connected and configured. Same result, internet gone after 5min.
  • Connected an older belkin wireless router n600 and BOOM All good, no internet loss, has been working like a boss (very sad though)

Any ideas community???

Thank you!!

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2015 5:24 PM

What modem exactly is this?

Make and model please?? Is it a router?? or can you use it in router mode.. if so please use it that way with the AE in bridge.

There is an issue that comes using 7.6.4 firmware.. and certain modems.. where the WAN port drops out.

That sounds like your problem.

Downgrade to 7.6.1 firmware.

Simple to do from v6 utility. Hold down option key.. and click the version number.. a full list of older firmware becomes available.. choose 7.6.1 (not 7.6.3)

User uploaded file

Then do a full factory reset again.. tell me how it goes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2015 5:24 PM in response to ugzruben

What modem exactly is this?

Make and model please?? Is it a router?? or can you use it in router mode.. if so please use it that way with the AE in bridge.

There is an issue that comes using 7.6.4 firmware.. and certain modems.. where the WAN port drops out.

That sounds like your problem.

Downgrade to 7.6.1 firmware.

Simple to do from v6 utility. Hold down option key.. and click the version number.. a full list of older firmware becomes available.. choose 7.6.1 (not 7.6.3)

User uploaded file

Then do a full factory reset again.. tell me how it goes.

Sep 7, 2015 5:25 PM in response to LaPastenague

Thank you very much for the response. I tried exactly what you recommended but unfortunately. It did not work. Same issue. Super strange, especially since it happened with two different Airport Extreme routers.

My cable modem is a Arris Model CM820A (just a modem no router)

I've been using my old belkin n600 for now.

One thing I noticed on the modem is the Yellow blinking LINK light instead of the green when that I was used to before.

Thank you!!

ISP Good but AirPort Extreme No Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.