Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you put documents into a folder in PAges like we could before the update?

I cannot get my individual documents to drop into folders in Pages anymore, or make new folders by dragging one doc to another. You used to be able to simply place one doc over another and it would form a folder, or drag one over a folder icon and it would go in. What's wrong?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:30 PM

The drag a Pages document over another Pages document to create a new folder containing both requires that you be signed into Pages for iCloud, or using Pages for IOS. It is not a functional capability of the OS X Finder, or Pages for Mac, even when using iCloud Drive.

2 replies

Sep 8, 2015 5:29 AM in response to cellocat1

Thanks for the reply. I am not very computer literate, so could use clarification--are you saying I can no longer put Pages documents into folders if working on a laptop Mac, only on my phone? I'm not just talking about creating a folder by dragging one document onto another, (though that too) but dragging a doc into an existing folder is not working either. When I open Pages it does say Pages-- iCloud in the bar.

Can you put documents into a folder in PAges like we could before the update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.