Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edited Photos Can't be Shared with other apps in IOS8

When editing a photo using the IOS8 Photos App, I've noticed that I can no longer select that photo from within any other app.

Ex:) I take a photo of an apple. I edit it on my iphone--it's still showing in my photos on the phone. I go to Twitter and click to add the photo from my camera roll and I can no longer see the photo (but it's there - because I just saw it from within the photos app). This happens with FB and Instagram and Google + as well.

It's not always ideal for me to choose the share option from within the photos app. Why? because the sharing function from within photos does not recognize the tagging features (@yourusername). In other words, if I'm looking to tag @beer and I don't know if that's their actual user name, sharing from within photos doesn't allow me to search through similar @usernames like I can from within the app Twitter itself.

The point is that editing photos should not make them disappear from within other apps.

Does editing somehow turn them into private hidden photos? From all I've checked, they are not changing to Private.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated. This may just be a glitch that not enough people have noticed so there hasn't been a fix yet.

P.S. My iphone is updated even though this post may show it's version as 8.1- not sure why that's happening either.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:51 PM

There are no replies.

Edited Photos Can't be Shared with other apps in IOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.