Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect remote app to iTunes library.

Hi guys, i have an issue with my remote app and itunes library. Both remote and itunes have been updated to the latest version (itunes 12.2.2, Remote 4.2.2) with homesharing turned on for both sides. Wifi connection is strong and window firewall have itunes on its allowed list for private and public. I've already restarted all devices but with no success. The app was previously working perfectly until recently. Might be caused by the many auto updates that take place. Please advice if there are any other settings i might have missed or any remedies to this problem. Thank you in advance.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:39 PM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 12:44 PM in response to L.W123

Hello L.W123,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with the Remote App and iTunes. It sounds like you have been on the right track with your troubleshooting. If you continue to have issues with the Remote App, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful, some of which you may have already done:

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV - Apple Support

Cheers

Can't connect remote app to iTunes library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.