Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail application quits on launch

I have an iPad 2 with 3G. My operating system has been updated to iOS 8.4.1.

My Storage Capacity is 27.8 GB

When I open the Mail application, it quits on launch. I made sure that my operating system was up to date and it was. I am not sure what to do to correct this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:10 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 1:17 PM in response to LordofLaMancha

You might have a corrupt email or an email with a large attachment that could be causing the problem. That can be a little difficult to pin down at times. Start with basic troubleshooting. Close the mail app and force restart the device. No data will be lost.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Sep 4, 2015 2:31 PM in response to LordofLaMancha

Please follow Demo's suggestions first. If they do not resolve the issue try resetting your Mail Account by following these steps. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. Then on the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

If this does not work open a Safari page, log on to your email provider from there (assuming you have an IMAP account like a Gmail or Yahoo). Look for any emails that do not look normal or do not open properly and delete them. Then try your Mail app again. More steps from there but try these first...

Mail application quits on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.