Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes view

I read quite well. I learned to do that 46 years ago and have been doing it ever since. So when I look at a list of things, I have no problem figuring out what the items in the list are just from reading it. I do not need any visual cues, especially the information filled kind like that attached. Sorry, my sarcastic side got free for a moment. In fact, in a list where every item is no more than one line of text, I can read each item so fast that I can scan a lot very quickly. If they're in alphabetical order, I can do it even faster when I know what I'm looking for because before I learned to read, I learned the alphabet and I not forgotten it since, not even for a couple of seconds. Consequently, it is extremely annoying that I do not have the option to look at what is in my library iTunes library in list form. It's also extremely annoying that when I open an album—which thankfully shows the songs in the album in list view—I cannot choose what info I want to be shown about a particular song in this list view of the songs. I must "get info" to learn anything other than the duration of the song. And then, I must click file to find out the song's format. I used to like iTunes. Now, whenever I open it, I feel like I'm in a preschool play room where there are lots of hug buttons for me to push. What fun! Well, it would be if I was 3. I have not lost my sense of play, but play is a form of learning and learning only takes place when there are things involved that one has not yet learned. It's been almost 50 years since I was 3, so things designed for 3 yr olds tend to lack few things that I haven't yet learned. Other people may like this, which is fine. I don't wish to take away their preference. I just want my preference back.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:25 PM

5 replies

iTunes view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.