Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rip music from a broken iPod touch 4th Gen

Alright, so first off my iPod is a 4th generation touch and it is broken to the point that the only thing that works is the power button and syncing to iTunes. It has nearly 2000 songs on there - most of which I did NOT purchase from iTunes - and I do not want to lose all of those files and am trying to rip them to my laptop.

I have tried everything I have come across, every file, every program, every way under the sun sort of taking it to a repair shop (where most repair shops either refuse to fix it or insist they wipe the iPod before hand) and nothing works. Now the main problem is the fact that the "itunesmobiledevice.dll" file is "missing" even though I do have it on my system.

Now the question. Is there any program or way to rip the music from my ipod without that file? Because I'm at my wits end with this and just want to get it over with.

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:41 PM

There are no replies.

Rip music from a broken iPod touch 4th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.