Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Harley Davidson, iPhone and Texting.

Harley Davidson Touring bikes with the Boom 6.5 sound system have the ability to via both USB and Bluetooth connect to smartphones in general and iPhones. including reading your text messages to you. I have no problem with any aspect of the interface accept one.

The bikes system is capable of sending an auto reply such as "I'm on my bike. I'll reply soon." to any text message. I've seen it work with both Android and Windows phones but neither I nor anyone else that I've been able to find can make it work with an iPhone. I've tried with both my 5s and a 6.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:13 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:14 AM in response to Gig Dyna Driver

I don't think that this post has been answered correctly, because the person who answered it did not understand the question. The HD Boom 6.5 radio can connect via bluetooth to the iPhone. It can send and receive text messages. It can also determine that the bike is moving and it is not save for the operator to be using text messages and send an automated reply. Apparently other smart phone types have no trouble sending this automated message, but iPhone does not send it.

Harley Davidson, iPhone and Texting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.