Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulties with Apple TV wifi connection & BT Hub

I have a Macbbook pro and want to wirelessly send primarily audio to my TV. I was sold an Apple TV. All attempts to connect ended up with video ok but audio coming in 'bursts'. I was told this maybe due to interference, so to switch bluetooth on and off to make the router etc respect channels - no improvement.

I was told to reset the router to factory defaults and reboot all - no improvement - I even manually tried each Router channel 1-13 no improvements.

Eventually I gave up and simply connected the ethernet cable between router and apple tv - all works fine - but rather defeats the objective of a wireless apple tv.

Enquiring how I can make things work I have now been told that the BT Hub 2.0 has insufficient wifi bandwidth. Fine - so how exactly do I resolve this - maybe an upgrade to another BT router say Hub 4.0? I have been told that this has insufficient bandwidth too.

Ok. Do what I am supposed to do. If I replace the BT home hub router I may lose access to some BT services - I use BT Vision for example - so I am not sure but replace it with what anyway? I will be pretty annoyed if it makes no difference. Airport Extreme was mentioned - fine if it works but I don't want to spend more hours messing about I need to know what will work and then do it !

Does anyone have any experience of these issues ?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:38 PM

1 reply

Difficulties with Apple TV wifi connection & BT Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.