Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove an MBP from iCloud

Having spilled tea on my MBP, it has 'died', but before I send it away for repair/replacement I need to remove its iCloud connection from the dead MBP. I have an older MBP which I can use to remove the 'dead' one, but how? Old MBP is on 10.7.5

Thanks

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 2:15 PM

Hello acceofred,

I understand that you're trying to disable Find My Mac on a Mac that no longer boots. Fortunately, this can be done via iCloud.com, as outlined below.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com on another computer.

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 2:15 PM in response to acceofred

Hello acceofred,

I understand that you're trying to disable Find My Mac on a Mac that no longer boots. Fortunately, this can be done via iCloud.com, as outlined below.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com on another computer.

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Regards

Remove an MBP from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.