Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive no longer syncing between devices.

Between home and work, I regularly work on 2 iMacs (each running OSX 10.10.5), an iPad and an iPhone 6 (each running iOS 8.4.1). Only recently have I set up and started using iCloud Drive, i.e. about three weeks ago I uploaded several folders containing many documents, and everything was accessible and remained in sync on all my devices.

Starting a few days ago, I notice that documents created and saved to iCloud on one device no longer appear on the others. Pages documents cannot be found in either the dedicated Pages folder on the iCloud Drive or in the folder to which I saved them. Documents created in other apps (MS Word, etc.) do not sync either.

Does anyone have an idea why iCloud would working perfectly for a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped syncing?

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:29 PM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2015 6:19 AM in response to skepticalthinker

I have this problem too. Either the synch takes several minutes to complete, or the state in which I left my mailboxes on one device is not reflected on other devices. Sometimes, I allocate messages from the Inbox to other folders, but when I quit Mail I receive message(s) that the transfers could not complete. Finally, sometime when I open a message the Loading message, and revolving gear appear, sometimes for minutes at a time.

Apple continues to suffer from erratic and buggy implementation of cloud services. This is a long problem, which Apple never seem to (successfully) address. A great idea - poor execution!

Sep 8, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried that to no avail at first. I contacted Apple Support. First level tech could not solve the problem, and I was transferred to the second level tech. He had me clear the PRAM, then do the on/off thing That seemed to solve the problem.

However, no one addressed why it happened in the first place, i.e. why it worked fine for over two weeks then went out of sync. Makes me not trust iCloud.

Sep 11, 2015 12:52 AM in response to skepticalthinker

I have the same problem in that only my MacBook Pro will not sync iCloud Drive, all my other machines do sync (although very slow). Tried all the tricks I've come across so far, including a brand new installation, but still no dice. SpiderOak syncs without any problems across all my devices, so I'm thinking the problem has to be on Apple's side, not mine.

iCloud Drive no longer syncing between devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.