Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

U.S.-Based IPhone 6 (Verizon) in Italy

An experience traveling to Costa Rica earlier this year and problems I had using my IPhone 6 (no phone or text capability), have me questioning the "guarantee" by Verizon that it will work when I am in Italy next month and I need to:

• Call a U.S. mobile or land line
  • Call an Italian mobile or land line
  • Send and receive texts to/from a U.S. mobile phone
  • Send and receive texts to/from an Italian mobile phone

I will have an international talk, text and data plan, and voice roaming, data roaming, and International CDMA settings are "on"

Can anyone confirm that what Verizon has "guaranteed" is accurate? Am I being paranoid for no reason?

Grazie!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:33 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:19 PM in response to Renekoren

Renekoren wrote:

Can anyone confirm that what Verizon has "guaranteed" is accurate? Am I being paranoid for no reason?

Verizon can't guarantee that your phone will work in Italy (I'd be very surprised if they phrased it that way or if any of their written information says that). It has absolutely no control over Italian networks. They can enable your phone to roam internationally. It sounds as if you've set it if for that. However, I'd turn CDMA roaming off. If that's on, the phone will preferentially look for a CDMA network. You don't want it to do that. You want it to look for GSM/LTE networks.

Getting a local SIM is an excellent idea. It's likely to be cheaper than paying international roaming fees if you need to do more than make a couple of calls.

U.S.-Based IPhone 6 (Verizon) in Italy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.