Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't mark in checkboxes on some websites with my mouse

When working on my MacBook Pro sometimes I cannot mark in checkboxes with my mouse on some websites especially from the government but the weird thing is I can type in the boxes. I've tried different browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Why is this and what can I do about it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:06 PM

Can you give a specific example of such a site? That way others can test and see if it's something particular to that site, or something you might be doing.

Off hand, I'd guess you're clicking on the checkbox text/label and not the actual checkbox itself, but that's just a stab in the dark without more data. If that is what you're doing and it doesn't register, then it's an issue with the web page itself and only the site owner/author can make the necessary changes to make it work.

There may be other cases, though, which is why giving a specific example would be useful.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 4:06 PM in response to kdkd66

Can you give a specific example of such a site? That way others can test and see if it's something particular to that site, or something you might be doing.

Off hand, I'd guess you're clicking on the checkbox text/label and not the actual checkbox itself, but that's just a stab in the dark without more data. If that is what you're doing and it doesn't register, then it's an issue with the web page itself and only the site owner/author can make the necessary changes to make it work.

There may be other cases, though, which is why giving a specific example would be useful.

I can't mark in checkboxes on some websites with my mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.