Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combining various songs into one album.

I have a number of single songs by various artists. When I load them into my library, and click on "My Music" I get a lot of separate albums for each individual artist. I would like to put all of these songs into one single album with a unique name of some kind, Any ideas?

iPod shuffle, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:12 AM

In iTunes an album is generally a collection of songs with a common album title and a common artist, album artist or set as a compilation. iOS devices don't use the compilation flag, non-iOS devices may not recognize album artist. See Grouping tracks into albums for details. Personally I keep as much of the correct information as possible, but you could either make one big Singles Collection by Various Artists, or make individual albums for each artist as you see fit.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2015 9:12 AM in response to HowardEM

In iTunes an album is generally a collection of songs with a common album title and a common artist, album artist or set as a compilation. iOS devices don't use the compilation flag, non-iOS devices may not recognize album artist. See Grouping tracks into albums for details. Personally I keep as much of the correct information as possible, but you could either make one big Singles Collection by Various Artists, or make individual albums for each artist as you see fit.

tt2

Combining various songs into one album.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.