Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is it so slow to upload of pictures from camera to an iPad

I have a macbook pro which I have used with my camera. RAW pictures are uploaded very quickly. I travel quite a picture and my husband has been trying to convince me to leave my computer at home and use his iPad 2. Why does it take so long to upload the pictures? It is excruciatingly slow just to see the preview of the pictures. Can't see getting an iPad if this is the normal experience. Any advice?

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:53 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 5:30 PM in response to teacherchris1

What are you using to upload to the iPad, the Camera's own App? Like CameraConnect from Canon? or Nikon's equivalent? Can you set up the camera as a hotspot and connect your iPad to it? That is about all you can do other than buying a card adapter for the iPad ($29 from Apple) and reading the files from the card (don't know if this will be any faster, maybe so).

RAW files are very large and your MBP is far more powerful than an iPad. I leave my computer at home also when travelling but just upload a few to my iPad. I wait until I get home to import the photos from my camera directly to the computer. If you want to upload a lot of pictures the MBP would still be the best at the expense of portability...

Cheers,

El

why is it so slow to upload of pictures from camera to an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.