Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corbel font removed by 10.2.2 update - how to get it back?

Just updated FCP X 10.2.1 to FCPX 10.2.2 - and the Corbel font is now gone. A mini-disaster. Many titles in open projects now have now automatically switched to Helvetica. It's not the right font for this project and letter spacing and interline spacing is a mess, etc, all titles (lower 1/3rds, etc. chaos). Shame on me for trusting a point release.

1. Sanctity Checking - anyone else now missing this font?

2. Advise on how to restore it?

3. Does anyone know where the version Apple shipped is available for download and installation?

(Does a software update mean that all design work I've done is up for grabs because a software supplier can claw back a font I thought I owned?)

Thanks

Yosemite 10.10.5, MacPro, FCPX 10.2.2

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 8:28 AM

IIt's not a standard system font. Do you have a Time Machine backup of the OS? See if you can find it there.

4 replies

Sep 5, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello Tom,

Over the years, I have read many of your responses on this forum. You are obviously a huge community resource. The observation that this font was not standard, and "look in time machine" were great hints.

This morning I used time machine to restore earlier versions of fcpx (fcp x 10.2.1) and compressor (rolled back yesterday's update), and then restored system fonts. My goal would be to install the current version of FCP X without having that delete a huge number of fonts I've installed (I checked and number of font's i've purchased were also gone).

So you got me back on schedule for current project delivery. Thanks!!! And.. I'm still trying to figure out what happened, because I need more confidence in the stability of my overall system.

Best wishes, Michael

Corbel font removed by 10.2.2 update - how to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.