Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my iPhone 6 pick up a WiFi signal?

I don't know what it is with my phone but when i first got it everything was fine. A few months ago i started getting slow or even no WiFi connection anywhere I went. Not even when I am in the room over from my router does it show on my "Choose a Network" section in my WiFi category. I have tried re-downloading iOS 8.4.1 and still nothing. I reset my network setting more times than I can count and still my connection never seems to get better. I even reset ALL my settings in hopes to fix this error but about now I am at my wits end. Someone please help me fix my problem.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:02 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 5:16 PM in response to nbungay

Take it back to the Apple Store and get a replacement since it should be in warranty. Otherwise just wait for iOS 9 to come out. There is a small subset of phones reporting the same issue and a large thread here on the forum with more posts than you would want to read, many of them mine. See here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549?start=3180&tstart=0

Here are the steps to try. You may already done most if not all of those:

1. Forget Network

2. Reset Network Settings

3. Reboot Router/Modem

4. Perform a Forced Restart

5. Change to Google's DNS

6. Under Privacy > Location Services > System Preferences > turn Wi-Fi Networking OFF

7. Restore the device

8. Get an Apple Airport Router (not really too feasible if all your non-iOS devices are working well)

9. Wait for iOS 9

At this point an exchange or iOS 9 may be your bet. Please note on the thread above my summary of DiscoveryD and mDNSResponder, the likely culprit.

Why can't my iPhone 6 pick up a WiFi signal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.