Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot transfer a ringtone from my iPhone to iTunes.

I've recently upgraded from iPhone 5 (iOS 8.4.1) to iPhone 6+(iOS 8.4.1). I backed up my iPhone using iTunes (12.2.2.25, 64 bit), and everything transferred fine expect ringtones.

I've transferred purchases from the 5, but only one of my ringtones is now in my iTunes library and ready to transfer to the 6. The majority of my tones are redownloadable, but my primary ringtone is no longer available on the iTunes store, so simply downloading it from Purchase History is not an option for me.

When I open iTunes and pair it with my 5, I can go into the Tones folder and find the item there, but it is greyed out with a circle of dots to the left with no option to transfer it. I can play the tone just fine from the iPhone 5. I suppose there is something that I am missing, but I haven't been able to pinpoint it from other posts within this community, or elsewhere.

iPhone 5, Windows 7, transferring to iPhone6+

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:51 PM

1 reply

I cannot transfer a ringtone from my iPhone to iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.