Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the back ground colour on my text messages. It is green with white writing and I find it hard to read

Hi. I have an IPhone 6. Model number is MG4J2X/A, IOS 8.4.1. I have difficulty reading the copy of the text messages that I send. The messages that I send have a lime green background with the words written in white. I notice too now, that some text messages I send are in blue? I don't know how come, but at least I don't have difficulty reading the blue. How can I change the colour of the background text messages permanently from the Lime Green colour? I tried Settings/Accessibility/invert colours - but this inverted the colours on everything, photos, wallpaper and everything. So this is not suitable.

iPhone 6, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:17 PM

The messages in green are regular SMS messages. The messages in blue are iMessages (sent to other iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac users). At this time, there is no way to change the color of the back ground.

Submit a feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

1 reply

How can I change the back ground colour on my text messages. It is green with white writing and I find it hard to read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.