Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software from old iMac doesn't work on new iMac

So bought a new iMac few months ago, transferred all software from old to new iMac and it went flawlessly however I noticed recently my Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 don't work anymore. Photoshop brings up a Javabox that says A required application library failed to load and the product can not continue Please reinstall product. and Dreamweaver brings up a javabox that says nothing but has a clickable OK button. Can somebody help??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 6:34 PM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2015 6:42 PM in response to SpartaPerformance

SpartaPerformance wrote:

So bought a new iMac few months ago, transferred all software from old to new iMac and it went flawlessly however I noticed recently my Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 don't work anymore. Photoshop brings up a Javabox that says A required application library failed to load and the product can not continue Please reinstall product. and Dreamweaver brings up a javabox that says nothing but has a clickable OK button. Can somebody help??

I have CS3 and I think it does work with Yosemite - but as you transferred it to a new box you may have to register it with Adobe Site.

I bought the CS3 because Photoshop 7 would not run when I installed it on this Mac - and Later realized I had to transfer the registration

by first signing in with old mac & to dis-allow use then transfer & re-register (single use version).

Sep 4, 2015 6:55 PM in response to SpartaPerformance

Welcome to the discussions,

First off this is not at all irregular. When you have a new machine like your new iMac it has OS X 10.10.5 and the older software from Adobe will not work and the only way to fix it is to go to Adobe and check for new updates or upgrades to work with OS X 10.10.5.

Like I said this is not at all irregular and the fix will have to come from Adobe and you will have to contact them if you want a fix.

Good Luck and Cheers

Don Morgan

Sep 6, 2015 10:26 AM in response to SpartaPerformance

Little delay on this because yesterday -- apple site was very slow -- thinking college students testing setups

here is the site for discussion groups within Adobe site

https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

There are a number of comments on the issue - as to what works and what does not -- -- it may be because its a new mac as opposed to updating the old one with Yosemite -- Updating you older mac may keep both versions of Java rather than deleting an older version when a new one is available.

Software from old iMac doesn't work on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.