Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buffalo HD Not being recognised anymore.. WTH!!

Gidday Everyone!

Im Using a buffalo hd-pv320u2 and it used to work now nothing... Disk utility shows it but i cant do anything...

power is getting to the HD ( the blue light comes on)

!IDEAS PEOPLE ! 😀User uploaded file

Thankyou very much for your help in advance

cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:43 PM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2015 10:38 AM in response to bird person

okay--I am here now...I understand your buffalo external HD isn't working correctly...and disc first aid won't do anything. You could try TechTool Pro, a demo for that is free. I hope you have your stuff on that HD backed up somewhere else, or that it's not crucial. maybe you could reformat it or try Drive Genius or another program. usually if this kind of thing happens it shows you have a problem . Worst case ( I don't want to scare you on this one) it may be that the drive itself could have failed. you could try DriveDX. or discDrill (cleverfiles.com) I have no experience with any of the latter program, only TechTool Pro (which can be useful) and Data Rescue 3 (which works to recover all data off of a hard drive and costs around $100)

maybe it's the drive's enclosure

sorry I can't help you more... I'm no expert...hard drives can and do fail usually without warning.....

john B

Buffalo HD Not being recognised anymore.. WTH!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.