Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos do not resume

I'm using an iPod Touch 4th Gen running iOS 6.1.6.

I hadn't updated my version of iOS for ages and finally decided to bring it up to date. When I did, I found that videos restart from the beginning each time rather than resuming from where they were left off. I checked my video settings - 'Start Playing' is set to 'Where Left Off'.

Given I only use this iPod to watch videos, this is a very annoying problem and I wish I hadn't bothered to update it.

Any suggestions on how to get videos resuming again?

Many thanks for reading this far.

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:24 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Symbio

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Sep 13, 2015 2:21 PM in response to lllaass

I tried a video from a different source but unfortunately that exhibited the same problem.

Interestingly, iTunes can tell the videos have been played (but not finished).

• If I partially watch a video on my iPod, iTunes shows it as partially played although the iPod shows it as unplayed. However if I try to continue play on either the iPod or iTunes, it starts again from the beginning.
  • If I start watching a video on iTunes, iTunes shows it as partially played. I can resume play where I left on within iTunes. If I sync it with my iPod, it shows as being partially played and says how much has been played. However, if I try playing it on my iPod it starts again from the beginning.

Videos do not resume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.