Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone using a TP Archer C7 or C9 with OS X

I've read some mixed reviews online about connection issues with OS X. Wirecutter recommends the C7 as the best Wifi router with range, and the C9 appears to be the newer version.

I would be interested in using the USB ports for Time Machine if possible (I don't mind digging into some scripts if necessary to get it to mount).

Can anyone using either router confirm their success or issues?

Cheers,

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Hi Res Matte, 8 GB, 750 GB HD,

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 8:19 AM

I have the C7 router with many Macs and iOS devices. They all work fine. The router itself can sometimes "get lost" and while I have WiFi signal, I cannot connect to the Internet. This affects iPhone 6+ most frequently for me. Overall, it is a good router and I would get it again for the price. There are better routers out there, but it does the job.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2015 8:19 AM in response to thenobleshrew

I have the C7 router with many Macs and iOS devices. They all work fine. The router itself can sometimes "get lost" and while I have WiFi signal, I cannot connect to the Internet. This affects iPhone 6+ most frequently for me. Overall, it is a good router and I would get it again for the price. There are better routers out there, but it does the job.

Oct 28, 2015 8:21 AM in response to gwynnebaer

Thanks! I ended up purchasing the C7. Very happy with the 5ghz speeds, and the 2.4ghz network seems to have really solid range through walls (not so for the 5ghz, but that was expected).

Have you tried using the USB port for shared storage? Wondering if it can support Time Machine backups. It seems like it can mount via FTP - not sure if I can make that work for TM.

Cheers,

Josh

Is anyone using a TP Archer C7 or C9 with OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.