Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My home screen has locked to portrait mode and will not rotate to landscape mode until you are in a app. WHY?

Ever since the 8.4.1 update, my home screen has locked itself to portrait mode until I open a app then it will rotate to landscape and back to portrait when I leave. I can't figure out how to chage it back to keep the home screen in landscape mode even turning off the lock rotation does not do anything. What is the fix for this cause it is annoying.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:18 PM

9 replies

Sep 4, 2015 10:02 PM in response to Rbuhler45

Have you checked the orientation lock? Access control panel by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. At the top center is a group of five buttons. The one on the right of this center group is the orientation lock. If it is on, turn it off. If it appears off, turn it on, wait several seconds, and turn it off again.

My home screen has locked to portrait mode and will not rotate to landscape mode until you are in a app. WHY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.