Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPhone 6 not working

Hello,,

My Brand iPhone not working from the moment I opened it from the box, even it is not get charge, I`ve done mostly common troubleshooting, like change the USB cable,,,etc.

Serial No. C37NQ7A1G5MQ

IMEI 356954061585772

Regards

Hisham

iPhone 6, Brand New

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:04 PM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Abualhosh

Can you return it to where you bought it from for an exchange? What steps have you taken so far?

Plug it and let it charge for two hours and then try. Then try a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Sep 4, 2015 8:04 PM in response to Abualhosh

Abualhosh,

Since you cannot return it for a while you might want to try Recovery Mode and see if it helps you.

Turn off your iPhone.

Connect the iPhone charging cable to the computer only (not to the phone yet).

Open iTunes.

Press and hold the power button on your phone and don’t let go.

Connect the cable to the iPhone while keeping the power button pressed down.

Wait until the computer detects the device and wait for it to restore.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Good luck,

elcpu

Sep 4, 2015 9:02 PM in response to elcpu

man how I will turn off if it is not open at all, when I said that I opened it from the box, I meant after I took out the iPhone 6 from it box and pressed the power button nothing showing up, the phone is black screen no response.

Also I put it for charging almost 3 hours, nothing change, and I tried to connected with the computer while the iTunes is open to detects the iphone, same thing no response.

Brand new iPhone 6 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.