Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to add songs to my iPhone but get a message that because ITunes match is on I cannot do so, can this be disabled?

Is there a way to disable this? I reset my phone and have no music on it because of iTunes match?

iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 7:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 8:12 PM in response to redhhb

This mentions Apple Music, but works for iTunes Match as well.

When you enable Apple Music, iTunes stops syncing music from your CD library since you can access all those songs theoretically from My Music now. But I didn't like the idea of being dependent on wireless and cellular data coverage to access my songs and didn't want to download my 3,000 favorites from Apple's cloud. What I did was turned off iCloud Music Library (iTunes Preferences > iCloud Music Library check box). Selected the device in iTunes and choose music the old way by checking sync selected music and synced the device. That put my songs on my iPhone. Then I turned iCloud Music Library back on and I have my 3,000 favorites on the Phone and access to My Music.

I'm trying to add songs to my iPhone but get a message that because ITunes match is on I cannot do so, can this be disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.