Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would my iPhone 6

Why when I turn on my iphone6 & iPad Air 2 wifi hotspot it's locked and I can't click on either of them because they have the locked sign?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, iPhone 6 Gold 128 GB

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:07 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 11:53 PM in response to Blueyed_auzzie

Hi auz'

You've posted in the community dedicated to questions involving techniques and issues with Apples long discontinued productivity application, AppleWorks.

Your question might be better served in one of the iPhone or iPad communities.

Best guess: A wifi access point showing a closed padlock icon means the access point requires a password to connect, nothing more, nothing less. Unless you (or your iPhone/iPad) know the password, you won't be able to log on to that access point. Your device will know the password only if you told it to remember the password for that site when you connected earlier.

Regards,

Barry

Sep 5, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Blueyed_auzzie

Where are you looking and you see a locked sign for your Personal Hotspot? Are you looking on the Wi-Fi page, or are you viewing the Personal Hotspot area in Settings? Are you attempting to connect to the hotspot, or what? You cannot connect to your own hotspot on your iPhone if that is the one that is providing the hotspot. Personal Hotspot uses the cellular connection from your iPhone to create a personal Wi-Fi network that can be accessed by other devices. When accessing Personal Hotspot from Settings, you will see an area to turn it on and a passcode to be used by devices to connect to your hotspot.

If you look in your Wi-Fi section in Settings on the iPad, then you should see the hotspot to select, and once you do, it should prompt you for your passcode to connect the iPad to the hotspot.

If you are experiencing something different, you need to provide more details, as what you have provided so far is very sketchy.

Why would my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.