Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with MacBook Pro. Help

Hi.

I have been using this MacBook for 3 years and everything is fine until now. My trackpad started to get crazy about 2 weeks ago. And today, when I tried to switch on my Mac, there's the folder with question mark appeared. I did managed to get it to the recovery mode and I can't find the word "Macintosh" (in the First Aid). I shut down again and tried to do the same but I can't find my wifi now. I can't even type in the Password for my wifi.

Help

MacBook Pro, Can't remember the operating system

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 1:05 AM

Startup your Mac while holding down the Option key. Unless the hard disk has failed that should open the Startup Manager window where you can select the startup disk then click Restart.

A folder with a question mark means your Mac cannot find a system folder to boot from.

Hopefully all your important data is backed up just in case.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2015 1:05 AM in response to Hemmohemmo97

Startup your Mac while holding down the Option key. Unless the hard disk has failed that should open the Startup Manager window where you can select the startup disk then click Restart.

A folder with a question mark means your Mac cannot find a system folder to boot from.

Hopefully all your important data is backed up just in case.

Problem with MacBook Pro. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.