Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme / Express compatibility with Vivint Router (WRDB1200AC-V)...

I recently changed my service provider to Vivint, and they tried giving me a Netgear router, I told them I had an Apple Extreme, and that it was a lot more reliable. Well, turns out there was an issue in compatibility, as the internet was non-existent when pluged into the Extreme. I have called them and they sent out their router (WRDB1200AC-V).

Here is the big issue, My house is a fairly good size, and I have 4 other Apple express routers extending my network throughout my house. Is it possible to use my 4 Express routers and 1 Extreme to extend the network off of the Vivint router?

Model # A1354

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:53 PM

This is not hard at all..

You can leave the vivint router as is..

Plug in the AE by ethernet to a LAN port.. WAN port on the AE.

Reset the AE to factory and start over.. it should be able to pick up an IP and configure it as bridged device.. you cannot however unplug the ethernet this needs to be permanent.. then you can setup the express to extend it.

Give me a few screenshots if you run into trouble and I can work from there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 9:53 PM in response to Sooperman29

This is not hard at all..

You can leave the vivint router as is..

Plug in the AE by ethernet to a LAN port.. WAN port on the AE.

Reset the AE to factory and start over.. it should be able to pick up an IP and configure it as bridged device.. you cannot however unplug the ethernet this needs to be permanent.. then you can setup the express to extend it.

Give me a few screenshots if you run into trouble and I can work from there.

Airport Extreme / Express compatibility with Vivint Router (WRDB1200AC-V)...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.