Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syncing resets USB peripherals

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed that my external hard drive has become undetected. My external hard drive is 2TB in size and holds all of my music (roughly 28,000 songs). I noticed that the culprit to my external hard drive becoming undetected was iTunes. I figured this out by formatting my external hard drive, putting only the mp3 files back on the external hard drive, and restoring my iPod. Once I did all of those, I let iTunes sync the music back to my iPod and it'll get a portion of the way of "Copying 140 of 28,000" or whatever and then iTunes freezes. Once iTunes freezes, all of my USB peripherals then reset themselves therefore the sync fails and sometimes my external hard drive goes undetected. I have tried multiple USB slots to see if that helps, and it doesn't. I am using the latest version of iTunes as well. I did try completely uninstalling iTunes including my library, and then rather than storing the songs on my external hard drive and having iTunes sync from there, I put the songs in my iTunes Media folder and it still causes my USB peripherals to reset even when my external hard drive isn't plugged in.

Can someone please help me? I can no longer use my Apple device because the sync process fails.

Thank you!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:25 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes syncing resets USB peripherals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.