Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i photo and my photos have gone. Help

After having updated some security issues, my iphoto app no longer works. I get redirected to the App Store & get a message stating "This is no longer available". All my photos have gone, just disappeared. However, if I log in as another user, I can use the programme but do not have MY photos. I use iphoto as a quick photo editor daily. Can anyone help? I am using Mavericks OS X 10.9.5.

Thx

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 9:19 AM

For OS X 10.9.5 you need iPhoto version 9.5.1 - if you previously had it you should be able to reinstall from the app store

After having updated some security issues, my iphoto app no longer works.

Please explain in detail and explain why the iPhoto app does not work including any exact error messages

LN

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Rudy Peque

For OS X 10.9.5 you need iPhoto version 9.5.1 - if you previously had it you should be able to reinstall from the app store

After having updated some security issues, my iphoto app no longer works.

Please explain in detail and explain why the iPhoto app does not work including any exact error messages

LN

Sep 6, 2015 9:32 AM in response to LarryHN

Thx for your reply Larry. So, yes, I do have iPhoto 9.5.1 installed on my Mac. However, when I open up the programme I get redirected to the App Store and after signing in I get the message "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later". If it helps, when looking at the App items in Finder, iPhoto is the only one with a kind of long, rectangular box to the right of the icon.

What is also really confusing is that if I sign in to my wife's section, iPhoto is there and works just fine, but obviously my photos are not.

I work with iPhoto daily and really need a fast solution to this problem. Can you help?

Thx

Sep 6, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Rudy Peque

By the way, this all started happening on the evening of the 4th Sept. The previous day I had installed updates "MAC EFI Security update 2015-001" & on the morning of the 4th "Security update 2015-006 vrs. 1.00". The next time I used my Mac was that evening to edit my photos of the day & iPhoto has not responded since.

Not sure if that influences matters or not??

Thanks

i photo and my photos have gone. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.