Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - Movie video is zoomed in and missing some of the image

H all,

I'm pretty new to Mac's and very new to iMovie. I've some video files that I want to join together to create one video file. I'm doing this by creating a new movie and dragging my iMovie library into a Movie. The problem I'm having is that when I do this, part of the image is cropped off. It's like the video has been zoomed in. How do I get round this?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Stuart

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 6:56 AM

Greetings Stuart,

If your video clips appear to have been cropped when you use them in iMovie, you may be able to correct the issue by removing the crop. Use the steps in this help page - Modify a crop, rotation, or Ken Burns effect - iMovie Help

Specifically -

Remove a crop or rotation in a clip

1. In the timeline, select the clip or photo you want to restore to its original state.

2. To show the cropping controls, click the Cropping button.

User uploaded file

3. In the viewer, click the Reset button.

4. To apply the change, click the Apply button User uploaded file in the cropping controls.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Stumurray

Greetings Stuart,

If your video clips appear to have been cropped when you use them in iMovie, you may be able to correct the issue by removing the crop. Use the steps in this help page - Modify a crop, rotation, or Ken Burns effect - iMovie Help

Specifically -

Remove a crop or rotation in a clip

1. In the timeline, select the clip or photo you want to restore to its original state.

2. To show the cropping controls, click the Cropping button.

User uploaded file

3. In the viewer, click the Reset button.

4. To apply the change, click the Apply button User uploaded file in the cropping controls.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

iMovie - Movie video is zoomed in and missing some of the image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.