Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple redirect virus to app store

For those that are still being bogged down with the virus redirect to app store to download some Candy Cane or such games, this is not a virus. Some app somehow has make changes to you ipad or iphone wifi settings and changed the DNS settings to point you to their router. You need to check your DNS setting on your router and make sure you have the correct DNS settings to point to your routers. Once this is corrected, no more redirects!!!!!...

Note: I struggled for over a month to figure out what the problem was and googled the problems and found a lot of finger pointing but not real solutions. Oh yet, I uninstalled all the apps that I recently installed, removed all the cache history and updated my IOS to the latest version, none of those were a fix. Thank you to one post that mentioned to check you DNS settings!!!

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 12:21 AM

There are no replies.

apple redirect virus to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.