Related Article: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes match subscription is over on August 1. My iTunes match music is available for me now via Apple Music trial I started on Sept. 3. If I cancel iTunes Music and pay for iTunes Match before end of trial on December 3 will I loose my old library?

This should interest anyone owning iTunes Match that expires while they'll be trying Apple Music trial.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), + iPhone 6 plus iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:35 PM

12 replies

Dec 11, 2015 5:08 PM in response to granincom

HI,

You lose access to music in the cloud when your iTunes Match subscription expires. Apple will retain library in cloud for thirty days. When you subscribe to match again, your iTunes library will be rescanned. Therefore, it is essential that you use your original library and also have a back up.

WHen your Apple music free trial expires, you lose access to Apple music tracks. Be aware that downloading matched tracks works differently between match and Apple music. Apple music adds DRM to those tracks.

Jim

My iTunes match subscription is over on August 1. My iTunes match music is available for me now via Apple Music trial I started on Sept. 3. If I cancel iTunes Music and pay for iTunes Match before end of trial on December 3 will I loose my old library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.