Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access photos from time machine

I have been backing up my MacBook Pro using time machine. I am leaving my job and they took my laptop away. I have an old MacBook (the white one) and I can't figure out how to access my photos from time machine. Everytime I click on the iphoto icon in the time machine external drive it opens up the iphoto app on my old white macbook. I cant get the photos from the external drive (time machine). Can anyone help? Are they there?

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:52 AM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2015 8:42 AM in response to hosergirl

to add to what gail from maine is saying, the photos in iPhoto are managed by a database program. You cannot manipulate individual photos in Time Machine, 'behind the back' of the database program. when you try, Time machine opens iPhoto.

iPhoto has the required features to allow the restoration of individual photos using Time Machine from inside iPhoto.

The only other alternative is to restore the entire photo Library, all at once.

How to access photos from time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.