Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto is not on my Macbook Air

Hello,

I bought my Macbook Air not too long ago, it's a 13 inch early 2014 Macbook Air and I cannot find iPhotos on it. I've searched for the app but I am positive it is not on this Mac. What might this mean exactly? I am running on 10.10.1, could this have anything to do with the operating system? Please help.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 9:38 AM

If you bought a new boxed Mac with OS X 10.10.1 on it it included iPhoto - you may have to accept it in the App store -

LN

4 replies

Sep 6, 2015 12:58 PM in response to HassanTarek

Where or who did you buy it from? Did you have top setup it up and create your own user accounts the first time you booted it up? Did you register the MBA with your Apple ID after getting it?

That model when new came with 10.9.2 (Mavericks) installed and had the iLife 11 suite of applications installed. Since it had 10.10.1 installed it's a second hand unit and was not setup properly for sale: What to do before selling or giving away your Mac - Apple Support

http://www.thesafemac.com/how-to-prepare-your-mac-for-sale/

http://macdailynews.com/2013/08/05/apple-explains-what-to-do-before-selling-or-g iving-away-your-mac/

I've posted the two additional links because the Apple document link seems to end up with a blank page.

Either take it back to where you got it and get it setup correctly or you'll just have to use Photos. You can download the OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Combo Update to bring the system up to the latest version. It will also install the latest version of Photos. Be sure to repair disk permissions after installing the update.

User uploaded file

iPhoto is not on my Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.