Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech media control keys having issues with iTunes 12

When I first open iTunes, the media control keys (Play/Pause, Prev., Next) on my Logitech MX 5500 keyboard work just fine. As soon as I do anything in iTunes (select a playlist, for example), the keys stop working. I can restart iTunes and they work again.

I tried editing the SetPoint "players.ini" file based on other forums for older iTunes versions (although those users reported their media keys didn't work at all, and mine work at first launch of iTunes), but that didn't help. The fact that it works until I perform some function within iTunes leads me to the issue being within iTunes somewhere.

Windows 10

iTunes 12.2.2 (up to date)

Logitech SetPoint Control Center 6.67.82 (up to date)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 1:11 AM

2 replies

May 11, 2016 2:45 AM in response to BBKing77

SetPoint 6.67.83 didn't quite cut it. The thing is, as soon as you display a tooltip-like menu on iTunes = anything that looks like a scrolling menu which is NOT part of the regular Windows application menu (File, Edit, etc.), SetPoint becomes unusable on iTunes.

Having this issue on the latest iTunes version, with the latest SetPoint version, on Windows 7 x64.

As long as you stay clear of these features (Search, Music Menu, Movies/TV Series/Podcasts etc Menu), you should be fine - Clearly an iTunes issue, anyway.

Logitech media control keys having issues with iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.