Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I redeem an e-mail gift

Have received an itunes gift via e-mail How do you redeem it. When I click the link it just takes me to the itunes download page.

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 4:10 AM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2015 10:43 AM in response to tomfromkilmarnock

I had this same problem - link in gift e-mail sent to me just took me to iTunes store, but did not credit the gift card to my account.

A good solution I discovered is to right click on the "Redeem" button in the e-mail, then copy the hyperlink. The code for your gift card is embedded in the link. Copy down that code, then go to redeem in the pull down menu after logging in to your iTunes account. Enter the code manually and submit.

Doing this worked for me and credited the gift card I received by e-mail to my account properly.

More steps than it should take, but it works. Having the sender resend the gift didn't work, so I discovered this trick to work around the problem.

how do I redeem an e-mail gift

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.