Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen after upgrade to Yosemite!

Last night I tried to upgrade my Mac book pro 2013 to Yosemite, in the middle of the installation it suddenly shut down. I dont know if it was beacause the charger wasn't pluged in or if it just shut down. When i try to start the computer the fans go on and the little white led lamp goes on. But my screen is black and my keyboard won't answer to any of the diffrent commands, also the "apple" on the back of my display is dark.

Does anyone know what might be wrong with my Mac book pro?

Best Regards Daniel

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 4:12 AM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2015 12:13 PM in response to danezen

Hello danezen,

It sounds like you can see that your computer is turning on but the screen remains black and it doesn't show anything on the screen. I would recommend you use this section of the following article to see if this gets it to turn on:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

Reset the system

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Black screen after upgrade to Yosemite!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.