Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hanspree Display Resolution is Off

I've been using my Mac Mini since mid-2011 with a nice widescreen Hanspree display. Never had any trouble running it at 1600 x 1200. Yesterday I was sitting at the computer when---for all I could tell---lightning struck my house or just outside my house, and the power in the house flickered but didn't go out, and the Hanspree screen briefly went black---and now it won't run 1600 x 1200, claiming it's out of range. I'm forced to run 1400 x 1050, which feels uncomfortably magnified and bulky.

Any tips on how to fix this? Never had a problem like this before. The comp and the display are connected via mini-DVI-to-VGA.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 4:44 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 7:25 AM in response to bricklayer.payne

Any number of things could have happened, if it was hit by an over-current or sag in power.

First try resetting the Mac's NVRAM/PRAM as per > How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Then try a different Mini-DVI to VGA adapter and VGA cable.

Or switching it to a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter and DVI cable if that display supports DVI input.

Try a different display.

Hanspree Display Resolution is Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.