Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail click and drop has stopped from Inbox to Folder

I have used clic & drop to move mail from my Inbox to mail folders. It has now stopped ! Any ideas ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 8:13 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2015 8:18 AM in response to A.n' J.

A.n' J,

I understand that you're no longer able to drag messages from your inbox to other folders in Mail on your Mac. In such a situation rebuilding the affected mailboxes (both the affected inbox and folders that you're not able to drag to) can help restore your ability to move messages.

Rebuilding a mailbox can take a while depending on how many messages are in the mailbox.

Select a mailbox, and then choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

When you rebuild mailboxes for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) and Exchange accounts, locally stored messages and attachments are discarded, and the messages and attachments are downloaded again from the server to your Mac. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

Mail (Mountain Lion): Rebuild mailboxes

Regards

Sep 7, 2015 9:37 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hello Allen,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I have followed your very clear instructions ,but no change ! Still unable to move to any of my 67 mailboxes. As you say it took a long time to rebuild. All I have when moving the selected mail is a small vertical line with two horizontal arrows, one on each side instead of the "mail envelope" as in the past. I can still move mail by going to the top tool bar and clicking on "Message" then "Move To". So maybe I am stuck with this method

I am a bit of a rabbit at computers and running Mac OS Lion 10.7.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Alastair.

Mail click and drop has stopped from Inbox to Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.